This document is an English translation of the original Korean version. If the original and this translation do not match, the original Korean version will be applied.
Personal information: This is information that you provide to us which personally identifies you, such as data that can be reasonably linked to such information by MiMYO, such as information we associate with your Account.
-Services include: Apps and sites.
-INFORMATION [COLLECT] OR [ONLY USE]
- Information you create or provide. Example) Nickname, in-game data. It used for authentication purposes.
2. If you login with your Apple account, Stores a unique identifier issued by Apple to identify your Apple account. This is for account identification purposes only.
3. When you create a MiMYO Account, you provide your nickname and unique identifier to MiMYO. The unique identifier is a string used to uniquely identify your app and is used for authentication, security, and fraud detection.
4. Your activity
Purchase activity, Record of game or app activity.
It is used for authentication and fraud prevention purposes.
[OTHER COMPANIES CORRECT]
Google AdMob: Specify personal information collected for advertising purposes.
To improve the performance of AdMob, the Google Mobile Ads SDK may collect certain information from apps, including:
- IP address, which may be used to estimate the general location of a device.
- Non-user related crash logs, which may be used to diagnose problems and improve the SDK. Diagnostic information may also be used for advertising and analytics purposes.
- User-associated performance data such as app launch time, hang rate, or energy usage, which may be used to evaluate user behavior, understand the effectiveness of existing product features, and plan new features. Performance data may also be used for displaying ads, including sharing with other entities that display ads.
- A Device ID such as the device’s advertising identifier or other app-bounded device identifiers, which may be used for the purpose of third-party advertising and analytics.
- Advertising data, such as advertisements the user has seen, may be used to power analytics and advertising features.
- Other user product interactions like app launch taps, and interaction information, like video views, may be used to improve advertising performance.
[MiMYO ONLY USE] (ONE-TIME)
1. Device info
Device info is used to determine whether the app’s features are available. (eg. Device type and generation name such as iPhone 11, iPad 8), Use the language setting information. (To automatically set the language and recommend the server)
This data is used once in determining availability and data is not stored in external storage.
-WHY MiMYO COLLECTS DATA
The information collected by all services is used for the purpose of providing the service. Additionally, it is used for fraud prevention and authentication.
-KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We build security into our services to protect your information
We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit
The data for account identification or authentication purposes collected by MiMYO are not shared with third parties or outsiders. Data collected by third parties follows third party policy (Google AdMob)
In the case of information created or provided by users in the app (eg nickname, in-game data), it is shared with other users for identification among users during the game.
When information is shared by MiMYO: When user consents, when required by law
Data will be retained at the end of the service or until you delete your Account., such as activity records, only store data for a predetermined period of time.
Records on contract or subscription withdrawal, etc., 5 years, Records on payment and supply of goods, etc., 5 years, Records on consumer complaints or dispute settlement, 3 years, Login history, 3 months
-Changes to this policy
The user is responsible for any problems arising from the user’s incorrect information input.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Apple account, and the Company is not responsible for any personal information-related issues that arise without your mistakes or reasons attributable to the Company.
These terms will be effective from February 11, 2022.